Dare to be different – distinguish yourself
Fully utilize Pre-Invisalign strategies
Command 5/10 step, Teen and Full Invisalign appliance therapies
The Invisalign approach must be clinically efficient and effective for the treatment goals we seek. We desire to have this technique to be predictable/profitable. These pre-aligners approaches are game-makers. The orthodontist needs to deeply know and fully apply Invisalign to separate the orthodontic specialist from others. Invisalign is ortho protein; like brackets on steroids.
My pre-Invisalign topic is insightful and clinically relevant. I started this topic 5 years ago, and it is catching on since colleagues realize it often takes more than what the Aligners alone can achieve. Together, it becomes the treatment approach of choice. The doctors doing it this way stand apart from colleagues. Step up; stand out.
What can we do to be way out in front delivering fine results with Invisalign?
1. Educate the public and referring offices about “Premier and Elite status”
- Challenging cases should be handled by seasoned specialists
- Lunch-n-Learns – colleague/team education, 3D, Airway, Invisalign Pre-expansion
- Effective treatment outcomes
- Online + web strategies Elite + Teen + Google
- Patients are not paying for trays, and tech support; rather they pay for expertise and proven results of an Elite Invisalign provider. That is why we may not be the least expensive option they encounter.
- Choose experience, get results™
- Price conscience consumer vs. value conscious and grateful patient
2. Pre-Invisalign Therapy
- Individualized treatment objectives
- Functional jaw orthopedics. Not cookbook, cookie-cutter treatment plans, Maxillary component, Mandibular component.
- Unlocking – it’s magical
- Airway aspects co-managed
- Orthopedics before orthodontics
- Overcorrections – perspectives and persuasions
1. Width first
2. Vertical improvements
- Turbos – to open bite; accelerate movements
3. A-P correction follows
- Beyond perfect to get perfect
- What holds up – really
3. Communication with lab technician
- Individualized treatment approaches
- 3 pages of Rx form – possibilities beyond ClinCheck parameters
- Not accept ClinCheck boundaries
- How to ask/receive more from your technician and Invisalign itself
- Get outside the box with ClinCheck prescription, and treatment requirement
5. Esthetics: Face-driven Invisalign Therapy
- Smile Dynamics and influences upon treatment design
- “What is your smile, compared to what it could be?”
- Madison Bricker (4 bi’s exo)
- Think like an orthodontist
- Correct the malocclusion, based on the face, not the ClinCheck
- “You’re a candidate for Invisalign!”
- After pre-Invisalign
- Combo treatments
- Invisalign with jaw orthopedics and/or orthognathic surgery
- Maxillary width, midlines, occlusal plane, chin location optimized
- TADS – to help treat each half of arch differentially
- Differential moments and movements
7. Team Management
- Efficiency and treatment outcome guided by Invisalign manager
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Team management pearls
- Wag more, bark less
- Inspired leadership
- Developing and maintaining a motivated team
- What does it mean when an employee leaves our practice and many times and show interest in
- What do we do differently with Invisalign because of our cohesive, motivated team? coming back on the team?
Think not in limits; rather in possibilities.
Upward; keep rising. See you at the top.
Dr. Duane Grummons
Board Certified in Facial Orthopedics and Orthodontics